This is mostly a blog post about myself, so forgive me for talking toot. Thanks to the people over at Horror Shock Lollipop I am the proud owner of a Liebster Blog Award. What this actually means is that I need to go and spread the award, and give it to 11 other blogs I think are worth a look at. Well while I go and pin this kinda meaningless badge to my site here are the rules for receiving the award...
A. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
B. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you
C. Create 11 questions for the people you have tagged to answer
D. Choose 11 people and link them in your post Go to their page and tell them
E. No tag backs
So first off here are 11 things about me:
1. I own a giant African land snail named Gary
2. I often suffer from insomnia
3. I love zombies, as in really love them.
4. I spend far too much time playing videogames.
5. I have close to 1000 unread books, unplayed games, and unwatched films waiting for their day in the sun
6. I have a some would say useless yet extensive knowledge of videogames.
7. I love reading about the two World Wars.
8. My interest in horror I think I would attribute to my Father whose library of books about the supernatural and U.F.O's captivated, and terrified me as a child.
9. An article about Resident Evil 2 got me into zombie films.
10. Like everyone I have extensive zombie outbreak preparation plans
11. I don't think I know of 11 blogs I can give an award to
Here are the questions the tagger set for me to answer:
1. What's the best horror-themed or spooky attraction you've been to?
l went on some walk through horror attraction at Morecombe once when I was younger, it was just darkness and random noises but it really terrified me, white as a sheet when I escaped.
2. If you had to come up with a new type of monster, what would it be and what would you call it?
A giant Demonic supernatural snail, created to battle a giant cyborg spider. It would be called...Gary.
3. What's the worst film you've ever seen (any genre)?
I will stick to the genre of zombie films and say the amazingly bad Ghoul School
4. Best book you've read (any genre)?
At the moment I would probably say Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson
5. If you could create a theme park ride, what would it be?
It would be a long tunnel you would have to run through while being chased by actors dressed up as zombies. If they caught you they would be allowed to eat your brain as punishment.
6. Would you rather have a zombie attack or an alien attack?
Zombie attack obviously!
7. What's the food that scares you the most?
The dreaded Ghost Chili, spooky!
8. What music do you love / hate?
Going through an old school late 90's Nu Metal phase at the mo, music I hate would have to be Drum and Bass thanks to my neighbour who insists on playing it constantly.
9. Would you rather live underground, in the sea, or in space?
Underground, in a cool zombie proof bunker
10. Spiders: Creepy or cute?
Cute, they always look so lost when you encounter them in the house.
11. If you could have any "super power" you wanted, what would it be?
The power to rewind time and undo past mistakes.
11 Questions for the tagged chosen to answer:
1. What is your favourite zombie film?
2. Place to go in case of zombie apocalypse?
3. Apocalypse weapon of choice?
4. Song to slay the undead to?
5. Where would you go if you could time travel?
6. Has anyone actually ever been to the Moon?
7. Just what is the meaning of the mysterious radio signal known as UVB76?
8. What do you think is the very worst way to die?
9. Where in time is Carmen Sandiago?
10. Film most excited about seeing in the future?
11. Chicken or the Egg?
The chosen 11:
Czr's Dungeon of Horror
The Monkey Rodeo
Doctor Carnage's World of Horror
The Devil Made me Watch
Head in a Vice
The Cyn and the Horror Movies
The Year of Halloween
Horror on Hayling
Devouring the Zombie Films of the Living
Surviving the Pre-Pocalypse
The Zed Word
So there you have it, I can now display my hard won (and random) blogging medal with pride.